|Published: April 23, 2012 in News >
European Poker Tour
Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier wins EPT Berlin High Roller
As if he needed anymore impressive accomplishments in his career, Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier added another victory by winning the EPT Berlin High Roller tournament along with €231,000 ($302,000).
The Frenchman had to survive a 57-player field in this €10,000 ($13,610) buy-in event, and a heads-up match with noted poker pro Chris "Moorman1" Moorman. Furthermore, Moorman held a 2-to-1 chip advantage going into the matchup.
However, the determined Grospellier looked good against Moorman, and was able to defeat the Brit and grab the win. With this victory, he now has $ 9,092,892 in live tournament winnings in addition to the rare poker triple crown.
Here is a look at the 2012 EPT Berlin High Roller final table, where you can notice that Viktor "Isildur1" Blom finished in seventh place:
1. Bertrand “ElkY” Grospellier (France) €231,000
2. Chris Moorman (UK) €145,200
3. Marvin Rettenmaier (Germany) €85,800
4. David Peters (USA) €62,700
5. Tobias Reinkemeier (Germany) €46,200
6. Oleh Okhotskyi (Ukraine) €33,000
7. Viktor “Isildur1” Blom (Sweden) €29,700
8. Martin Jacobson (Sweden) €26,400